How To Find The MLP General Thread
File1291869347.png-(39 KB, 570x322, example-mlpgeneral-opening-pos(...).png)
1. Go to the front page of /co/.
2. Enter the following into the "new thread" form:
* Subject: My Little Pony General
* File: The MLP General image, found at http://i51.tinypic.com/1zvsvbn.png. This is the most important part – if you do not use exactly this image (for instance, if you save it as a jpeg and upload that), you will create a duplicate thread. And that would be bad.
* Comment (copy and paste the following and fill in brackets as appropriate):
[Insert a starting question here – something you'd like to discuss. Such as, "Why didn't Pinkie Pie notice in Applebuck Season that Applejack was putting weird things into the batter?" or "If they made a feature-length MLP special, what would you like it to be about?" This is important so that, in case there's no active thread, the conversation has a starting place, to help encourage high-quality MLP discussion.]
Official Channel: http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic/videos/
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/pensivepine#p/c/11071CB026273B7F
Livestream: [enter livestream URL here, or just leave the line out if there's no stream right now]
Plus4chan Fanworks Archive: http://plus4chan.org/b/co/res/98088.html
Download links on http://rs.4chan.org
3. When you're done, it should look something like the image I uploaded next to this guide. When you're ready, click "Post".
If it creates the thread, congratulations! You've just created the next thread, guaranteed to not be a duplicate and ready for immediate discussion. If you get a "duplicate image" error, congratulations! You now have the link to the actual thread and can post there at your leisure. Either way, you've helped ensure /co/'s good graces, a minimum of posts looking for stuff, and barring trolls, and a general high signal-to-noise ratio with a minimum of duplication. Good job!